How to Blog When You're Busy and Where Have I Been?

16:04:00 Angela White 2 Comments


First of all I apologise for my lack of posting, I haven't abandoned my blog although I'm sure it feels like that. I bet you're hoping something pretty darn good is happening to miss posting. I haven't got myself a word wide travel experience,  although I wouldn't object to such an experience. Oh no, it's the dreaded exams again. If you are currently taking exams you are aware how stressful it is, if you're not then I guess may/June is a nice exam free month! In the last few weeks I just wanted to concentrate on studying because I had so much information to learn and the time I had wasn't enough as it is. I haven't been on my laptop at all in that time because I would just get distracted and it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for a few weeks.

So here's a list of a few things that you can do if you're busy to post, but unlike me you don't want to disappear off the face of the earth.

Write where you can - I know that sitting at a desk, or the 'bed desk' might give you a great state of mind to get yourself typing. However, just trying to write when you can and fit it in can really help you with posting when you don't have the time. You can write on the train using the blogger app, you can write a quick something here and there. You don't even need to write the whole post in one go, just little bits to be able to post when you can.

Pre-write - If you're going away and won't be able to post and you don't want to just leave your blog as an empty shield, you could pre-write a few posts in one day and then just schedule them for whenever you please. That way you're still posting if you don't feel that you can not post for a while. I have never scheduled a post although i'm sure it would have come in so handy.

Short and sweet - Time is a virtue and if you don't have the time to sit there for ages typing when your revision or anything else is waiting for then you can just write a short post with a few blog post ideas, quick tips or just how you got served by rude people in New Look, why does this always happen to me? New Look please give your employees customer service training, or at least in my town anyway. You don't need to feel compelled to write out long posts when you don't have the time because they may be rushed and not up to your standard.

Think about what's important - If you've got exams or a job interview to prepare for, realistically as much as blogging is a lovely outlet to put your thoughts into, at the end of the day passing your exams is probably going to help you in future and you don't want your blog to overrule that. Unless of course your blog is a bit bigger than you anticipated for and it is your future, if you get what I mean. Think about where your priorities lie and there's no point whacking out posts and leaving your revision sitting there, unless of course you can tackle both then give me them skills please?

Your readers will understand - Honestly your readers will understand. I could have probably made a post about the fact I won't be posting for the next few weeks or tweeted about it or something, although at the time I thought i'd be able to do both, so that no one thinks you've fallen off the face of the earth. I also though ah, who's reading anyway but I was suprised that I was still getting views, not as much as when I was blogging of course. They will understand though because everyone goes through things so you don't need to feel too bad for not posting and i've come back feeling like I can give it more effort than I could while studying.

These are a few of my tips, how do you post when you have don't have much time to?

Angie xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Me and you both have neglected our blogs but I posted today so least that was an improvement, great tips though!

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Cat Hampurr Subscription Box April
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know right, it just happens sometimes but it's good to come back all refreshed :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it and I read every one :)